Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Trading one dark room for another

Tuesday night I enjoy the diversion of reviving a decreasing art form in the digital world. Working with negatives from the early 50's to print photos thorough a dark room class at Phoenix Center for the Arts. Here are a few latest successes.[caption id="attachment_142" align="alignright" width="114" caption="circa 1951"][/caption]



This is 50's Phoenix! a slight scent of mafia still lingering on the red flocked wall paper. Last night I traded my tuesday night ritual for Radiate Phx, normally I would have done both, but that additional manhattan put the kibosh on that. We met at Durant's which is celebrating 60 years of business. It's a great networking mixer with some many diverse folks and bartenders that make mean drinks, free pour. With the air of old deals that were made there I am sure new deals were discussed among the crowd. Mine included PK, Phx design week, my art work, business ventures, and how the Valley is a so just do it type of place.

Here is a pic I took after remembering I had my camera! [caption id="attachment_148" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Jim, John, and Seth @ Radiate Phx"][/caption]

Thanks to Linda and Yuri I am reading The Saga of Jack Durant by Mabel Leo. This is day 3 of the 21 day challenge. Going strong am I

No comments:

Post a Comment